What to Buy in July
- 4th of July sales are super hot for summer clothing. While retailers may not position it as “Back to School Shopping”, I’ve always found the best deals for kids clothes and shoes during the 4th of July sales. Retailers like Gap, Gymboree, Old Navy and more will have outstanding savings and specials this weekend. For example Gymboree is having a HOT clearance sale with all their clearance items up to 75% off at prices $7.99 and under.
- Since it stays warm here until end of September, I don’t typically start buying jeans and fall clothing until September and then I take advantage of the discounted “Back to School” clothing by shopping later.
- Adults can save on summer clothes as well — Nordstroms Anniversary Sale starts July 22nd. I’ve always shopped the Nordstrom Anniversary sale for new fall fashions as well as kids shoes. From fall boots to new tennis shoes, you can get amazing prices during their annual Anniversary Sale: http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/anniversary-sale
Outdoor Cooking and Pool Equipment
- Everything you need for BBQ and summer pool parties is on sale in July. BBQ equipment, Charcoal and lighter fluid as well as outdoor dinnerware and beach towels are at the lowest price of the season during the month of July. All pool toys, goggles and more are going to be clearance out at the end of the month as retailers make way for school supplies and fall clothing starting in August.
- Target is offering a deal a day to kick off July, with extra savings on
Back to School Supplies Shopping Starts in July!
- Retailers like Staples and King Soopers have already started promoting back to school sales on items like crayons, colored pencils and more. The ads will change every week with new items on sale. The best deals will be available at the end of July when you will see a huge Back to School push on supplies. It’s best to look at your kids school supplies lists early and as you find deals, snatch them up rather than wait until August to get the whole list at one time because selection dwindles by the 2nd week of August. It’s still early for backpacks an laptops so wait on those.
Condiments, Seasonal Produce
- Independence Day is a popular BBQ event and the grocery stores have got you covered with hot sales on burgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, steaks, corn and fresh seasonal fruit like watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, cherries and peaches. Target has a hot grocery deal for the 4th of July BBQ – $10 Target Gift Card when you buy $50 in groceries this weekend through July 4th.